North American Coal believes that the health and safety of all employees directly relates to its business success. As a result, safety is North American Coal’s top priority in everything it does. It has established itself as an industry leader in mining safety, having
consistently achieved exemplary safety records at its multiple operations.
North American Coal’s policy is to:
- design and maintain facilities, establish management systems, provide training and conduct operations in a manner that safeguards people and property;
- respond quickly, effectively, and with care to emergencies or accidents at our operations, in cooperation with industry organizations and governmental agencies;
- comply at a minimum with state and federal regulations, and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist;
- stress to all employees, contractors, and others working on North American Coal’s behalf their responsibility and accountability for safe behavior on and off the job; and
- undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of our operations to measure progress in safety and to ensure strict compliance with this policy.